Personal Data refers to any information such as, names, email address, mailing address, telephone number or any data that can be used to identify you or any other person you are purchasing an Ticket for.
Who is the data controller for this website?
The data Controller for this website www.spetchleygardens.co.uk is Spetchley Park Gardens, Spetchley, Worcestershire, WR5 1RS
What Personal Data do we collect and how do we use it?
We collect information from you when you visit our site or interact with us. The types of information and uses are explained below.
The type of Data Spetchley Park Gardens may hold include:
Personal Details provided by you :
• email address
• telephone number
• postal address
• provide customer feedback such as requests and complaints
• any other details we receive if we communicate with you via email, online, or via social media. For example, when you register with us for our newsletter, purchase our products or services, participate in our offers and promotions or reply to our surveys.
Payment Information: - Data you provide to make your purchases
• credit card and debit card numbers
• expiration dates
• payment account details
• shipping and billing address
Account Login Information: - Data you provide to set up your user account.
• security question and answer
Information collected Automatically: - Data that is collected automatically.
• I.P. Addresses
• information collected from your browser by our own cookies
• information from cookies owned by 3rd parties
• web beacon and similar technologies that collect information about the use of our site and your interaction with us by emails.
Spetchley Park Gardens may collect and use your information on a lawful basis to:
• personal identification
• to process the purchase our products and confirm booking/reservation
• to deliver your tickets by email or post
• to be able to contact you by our Customer Services (if necessary)
• to respond to any enquiry made through our firstname.lastname@example.org
• for competition entries and to contact you if you become a winner
• develop promotions
• conduct surveys
• comply with our legal obligations
Spetchley Park Gardens may share your information to:
Provide information to providers and processors:- by providing their services they may access, receive or maintain or otherwise process personal data on our behalf. Our contracts with these service providers do not permit use of your information for their own purposes.
• payment processors
• support for the internal operations of our website, mobile apps and online store
• social media service providers
• Digi-Tickets to fulfil your ticket purchases
• Mail Chimp to send out marketing communications (if you have opted in)
Provide information as a legal requirement:- we may disclose your personal details if we believe the law requires us to do so
• violations of law
• investigation of fraud
• respond to claims against us
• protect the rights of our customers and employees
How long do we keep your information?:
Your Information that Spetchley Park Gardens holds will be securely stored for no longer than is necessary having regard to the reasons it was first collected.
Security of your information:
Children's Personal Data:
• our site is not generally intended for use by children under 12 years of age.
• any child of 16 years or under should have parent/guardian consent before providing any personal data to us to the website.
• if we believe upon collection of data the user is 16 or under and has not provided parent/guardian consent we will not use or maintain the information.
• Parent/Guardian's can review, change or refuse collection of their child's Personal Data by contacting us by contacting our data Protection Officer (see details earlier of Data Controller) by email.
Links to other Websites:
The Spetchley Park Gardens website may occasionally contain links to and from other websites. Be aware that these websites will have their own security policies which we take no responsibility or liability for. It is advisable to always review these policies before sharing any personal information.
Access to your information:
You have the right to check the personal information that we hold about you. The most efficient way is to contacting our data Protection Officer (see details earlier of Data Controller) by email.
Your right of access may be requested in accordance with the act though may incur a £10 charge to cover our costs. Spetchley Park Gardens will adhere to the GDPR forty day response time when dealing with any request.
Proof of identity requests:
In order to keep our customers personal details safe we do have security procedures in place whereby we will ask you for proof of identity. The proof required is in the form of your logon plus password. Please be aware that it is your responsibility to keep these safe and be accountable for any actions we take in response to a request from anyone using your email and password.
Computer viruses and defects:
Spetchley Park Gardens does not represent or warrant that any files obtained from or through this or a linked website are free from computer viruses or defects. Spetchley Park Gardens does not accept any liability for the presence of computer viruses or other defects.
Who we are
Information collected and its use
The information we collect via the Website may include:
- Any personal details you knowingly provide us with through forms and our email, such as name, address, telephone number etc.
- In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal details for authorisation outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
- Your preferences and use of email updates, recorded by emails we send you (if you select to receive email updates on products and offers).
- Your IP Address, this is a string of numbers unique to your computer that is recorded by our web server when you request any page or component on the Website. This information is used to monitor your usage of the Website.
We do not store any credit card details.
What we do with your information
Any personal information we collect from this website will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws. The details we collect will be used:
- To process your order, to provide after sales service (we may pass your details to another organisation to supply/deliver products or services you have purchased and/or to provide after-sales service);
- In certain cases we may use your email address to send you information on our other products and services. In such a case you will be offered the option to opt in/out before completing your purchase.
We may need to pass the information we collect to other companies for administrative purposes. We may use third parties to carry out certain activities, such as processing and sorting data, monitoring how customers use the Website and issuing our e-mails for us. Third parties will not be allowed to use your personal information for their own purposes.
Some of the information stored is put there by other companies whose software we have added to the site, and this can also impact your experience of other websites you may visit after leaving ours.
If you continue to use this site without taking action to prevent the storage of this information, you are effectively agreeing to this use.
If you want to learn more about the general uses of cookies, including how to stop them being stored by your computer, please visit Cookiepedia - all about cookies.
Below is a list of the different types of cookies used on this site, and an explanation of what they are used for. If you would like any more information, please get in touch.
This cookie is used to keep track of what items are in a user's shopping basket.
This cookie is used to monitor the users consent for analytical cookies on our site. No user data is collected without this being enabled.
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
This cookie is used to collect information about visitor's experience of the site in terms of performance. This helps us to monitor that our systems are working quickly and effectively, and to identify any problematic areas.
You have the right to request a copy of any information that we currently hold about you. In order to receive such information please send your contact details including address to the following address:
Spetchley Park Gardens
Berkley Castle, Berkley